Calling for Submissions to Apply for the “John McLean Hero Award” 2012
Our organization has created the “John McLean Hero Award,” In honor of our dear friend and long-time supporter of our cause. John lost his battle with cancer earlier this year and is survived by his four children who were the light of his life. John’s Faith, dedication to family and generous spirit was a gift to all who knew him. Our annual “Chipping Away at Childhood Cancer” Memorial Golf Tournament® was grateful to have John as a dedicated sponsor.
To honor John’s life, we have created an award which celebrates the Heroism John lived through his compassion for children & adolescents battling childhood cancer.
Submission Criteria – “John McLean Hero Award” 2012
- Childhood Cancer patients & survivors ages 14 – 21 years of age
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must have or received treatment from one of the following Children’s OncologyMedical Facilities we serve; (Kaiser Permanente Roseville/Oakland, Sutter Memorial Hospital, U C Davis Medical Center, Children’s Hospital Oakland).
- Must be a registered high school (home school) or college student.
- Qualified candidates are asked to write a 1,000 word Essay on Your Experience with Childhood Cancer.
- Essay must be typed in 12pt, Times New Roman font, double spaced
- Please include Application Page as a cover page with essay entry. *Application must be filled out completely
- Essays must be your original work
- $1,000 unrestricted scholarship
Submission Due Date:
- Friday, August, 10th 2012, 5:00p.m. (No late entries will be permitted)
- Your submission need to be emailed in a word document to:email@example.com with Attn: Julie Fry, John McLean Hero Award 2012
One Award winner will be notified within 1 week of entry– Friday, August 17th and be invited to attend our “Chipping Away At Childhood Cancer”® Memorial Golf Tournament on Friday August 24, 2012 at Morgan Creek Golf Club, 8791 Morgan Creek Lane, Roseville, 95747.
Award Winner and their immediate family will be invited to read their Essay during the Luncheon Program and be presented with their Award at that time.
Download Application Form HERE
For More Information or Questions:
Please Contact Julie Fry at 916-784-6786 or email firstname.lastname@example.org